It is a new high performance multipurpose lubricating grease intended for operating in a wide temperatures range within –50 and 180ºC continuous temperature and 200ºC peak temperature. It is formulated with innovative organic thickeners provided with high chemical and thermal stability together with high viscosity index synthetic oils showing outstanding lubricating capacity and resistance to aging.
GRASASH POLY T180 can be used in all mechanism and bearing that rotated at medium-high velocity (Fv=700000), under medium loads like electric motors, pumps, alternators, etc.
The advantages of GRASASH POLY T180 are:
· Mechanism lubricating that can work between -50 to 180ºC.
· Multifunctional long life needed.
· Greasing improvement system.
· Water, steam water and temperatures resistance.
· High plastic and elastomers compatibility.
· High low friction coefficient.
· Low noise.
· Lower electric power consumption.
· Adequate to work in elastohydrodynamic and EHL.
· Lower ashless.
GRASASH POLY T180 is designed to keep stable and adherent the lubricant film under temperature variations. Thanks to his synthetic oil and high viscosity index, allows an excellent behaviour. Thanks to the organic thickener with high thermic and chemical stability, allows to increase the temperature avoiding the soften grease.
The dynamic viscosity evolution with the temperature will give us an idea of the softening or hardening that the grease will suffer with the temperature variation. As shown in the following graph, the grease GRASASH POLY T180 will experience a smaller variation in dynamic viscosity with temperature.
An increase in temperature affects the lubricating grease, decreasing the viscosity of its base oil, softening it. While depending on the temperatures reached, evaporation losses are generated.
The combination of both effects, modifies the thickness and lubricating film quality, since when a base oil grease fraction evaporates, it causes hardening.
The GRASASH POLY T180 behavior, is i significantly superior to a conventional grease, because provides with lower evaporation losses that guarantee a longer lubricant life and better working conditions. Also, it is important to consider the grease behavior at low temperatures. With the temperature decrease, it produces a hardening grease, losing its fluidity and increasing its consistency. It generates an internal friction increase, causing a loss of the wetting capacity, as well as, a decrease grease speed recirculation inside the bearing.
The lubricant film has high resistance to aging, the selected additive package will play a very important role in terms of the lubricant life.
GRASASH POLY T180 comparing with conventional lubricants has a high resistance to oxidation, which guarantees that it can keep its lubricating properties unalterable for long periods of time.
GRASASH POLY T180 it is capable of maintaining excellent lubrication levels for long time periods. The test used to demonstrate this property is the SKF ROF test.
· Bearings SKF Nº 6204 2Z.
· Velocity 10000 rpm.
· Temperature 160ºC.
· Duration L50>700 hours (no regreases).
Compatibility with plastics and elastomers:Plastic and elastomers compatibility
Non-metallic components type are increasingly used in new industrial designs, such as plastics and elastomers, so optimizing compatibility with the lubricants guaranteeing a long life and a good performance. The use of a low compatibility lubricant generates a strong variation in volume, modifying its physical-mechanical properties (hardness, elongation, tensile strength, etc.). It affects, in some cases, the adequate flexibility of the parts. It reduces plastic components and elastomers life.APPLICATIONS:
· Bearings and any mechanisms operated under temperatures within -50 and 180ºC (220ºC peak).
· Bearing operated with medium and high speed fv=700000 fv=Dm.rpm, Dm=1/2 (Dext+Dint).
· Electric motor bearings.
· Fan bearings, exhausters, pumps etc.
· Bearing of oven wagons.
· Bearings and drives in cooling systems.
· Bearings of drying tunnels.
· Bearings in conveyor belts.
· Bearing and bolts in chains operated under strong temperatures variations.
· Plain bearings and joints in plastic-plastic and plastic-metal contacts.
· Lubrication of wire guides, plastic bearings and slides.
· Lubrication of bearings and general mechanisms wherever a reduced greasing frequency is needed to improve the useful life.