Sepiolite is a light, porous clay with a high specific surface area and low chemical activity. Chemically it is a hydrated magnesium silicate with high absorbent power, which in case of accidental spillage of oils or liquid leaks, it absorbs them, as it has the ability to bind them and thus facilitate their collection.
· It is highly safe, as it is a fireproof mineral.
· It is incombustible and flammable.
· Its melting point is approximately 1.500ºC.
· It is inert, providing great safety in the elimination of chemical products.
· Due to the rigidity of its micro-crystalline structure, it has a high mechanical resistance.
Suitable for absorbing spills and liquids in general.